Tuesday, November 23, 2010

So sleepy...

It's funny when the weather changes. I find that my body wants to follow the clock of the sun, wanting to bury myself beneath my down blanket at somewhere near five o'clock. I'm settling in for the night with some veggie lasagna and House on hulu...hoping to stave off my clock for another four hours or so.

The change that comes with the seasons is not always the easiest to adjust to -- we get so used to our routines that any disruption seems like an interruption -- but it is healthy, I think, to readjust. To change. Winter is a good, slow break from summer...time to sleep more, time to be inside by warm fires, time to relish family and the glow of lights on a dark evening.

And so comes the great segue for the return of my blog...somewhere good to write, as I always need to write. I don't know if it's going to stay here or get a new start, but it's here for now and a good place to settle in for the winter.

No comments: